- Wubi wird offiziell Teil von Ubuntu: „One of the most significant new features added in alpha 5 is support for Wubi, a new installation mechanism that makes it easier for Ubuntu and Windows to coexist on the same computer.“ Eigener Beitrag zu Wubi 8.04 für Ubuntu 8.04.
- Das Service Pack 1 für Vista bringt mehrere Veränderungen am Schutz vor Raubkopien mit sich: „Although Microsoft dialed back on Vista’s notorious ‚kill switch‘ – what the company called ‚reduced functionality mode‘ – it has also included two updates designed to block popular pirate hacks.“
- Kopierschutz in Flash-Inhalten: „Now Adobe, which controls Flash and Flash Video, is trying to change that with the introduction of DRM restrictions in version 9 of its Flash Player and version 3 of its Flash Media Server software.“
- Auf US-Bahnhöfen muss man in Zukunft mit ähnlichen Kontrollen wie an Flughäfen rechnen: „Amtrak will start randomly screening passengers‘ carry-on bags this week in a new security push that includes officers with automatic weapons and bomb-sniffing dogs patrolling platforms and trains. […] Officers will randomly pull people out of line and wipe their bags with a special swab that is then put through a machine that detects explosives. If the machine detects anything, officers will open the bag for visual inspection.“
- US-Geheimdienste nehmen virtuelle Welten ins Blickfeld: „The Reynard project will begin by profiling online gaming behavior, then potentially move on to its ultimate goal of ‚automatically detecting suspicious behavior and actions in the virtual world.'“
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)